The Wolfords Village Fund has been running for more than 25 years, raising funds for Little and Great Wolford villages. Funding has been raised by arranging various events from the annual bonfire, the Golden Jubilee 2012 to social evenings such as the St George’s Dinner and the annual Boules Evening and in 2014 a Fete in conjunction with the Village Hall. These events are arranged by a committee of 9 people who will get support from other members of the villages for the larger events.
The whole purpose of the Fund is to support key amenities in both villages and also residents as well. For village residents grants are available via an application form, all applications are assessed by the Fund committee before being awarded. In the past grants have been awarded for school events abroad, sports equipment and training courses. On average about £2000 has been awarded each year.
Forthcoming events will include the St George’s Dinner and the Annual Fete and Boules . Dates and venues will be advertised. Please support this very local charity.
- AUCTION – in aid of the Wolfords Village Fund
Win a Day Pass for Two at the Wildmoor Spa & Heath Club
Simply state the amount of your bid, along with your name, address and telephone number, and email it to Simon Lewis at email@example.com (putting ‘Spa Bid’ in the subject line).
The auction opens at 09:00 on 31st August 2015 and closes at 23:59 on 8th September 2015.
The winner will be notified via email. An announcement will also be made on the Great Wolford website and in The Link.
T’s & C’s and smallprint:
- The Auction is open to Over 18’s only.
- Only one bid permitted per email. A bidder may submit a maximum of 5 bids (5 separate emails).
- The bid with the highest value wins. If multiple ‘highest bids’ are received, then the date and time of the bidder’s email will determine the winner – i.e. the earliest submitted email wins.
- Before receiving their prize, the winner must pay the full amount of their bid to the ‘Wolfords Village Fund’ (cheques are accepted).
- Emailed bids submitted prior to 09:00 on 31st August 2015 or after 23:59 on 8th September 2015 will be deemed invalid.
- The Spa Day Pass expires on 11th October 2015 and is valid Monday to Friday only.
- Advanced booking is advisable if wishing to use the Spa Day Pass on a specific date.
- The Auctioneer is Simon Lewis. His decision is final and non-negotiable.
- The winner will be notified via email on 9th September 2015.
- BOULES EVENING!
Saturday 11th July at 6.30pm
The Wolfords Village Hall
Tickets £10 each which includes food (BBQ) and the first drink from the bar. Children go free.
Tickets available from Natalie at the Old School, Great Wolford, 01608 674471.
- The Wolfords Summer Party
The Wolfords Village Hall
Saturday 1st August – 7pm Till Late
Live Band (first session starts at 7.45 pm)
BBQ ◊ Pay Bar ◊ Raffle Prizes ◊ Tombola ◊ Free Parking
Tickets £10 each (Free entry for Children under 16)
For tickets and further information, please contact:
James – firstname.lastname@example.org – 01608 674244
Simon – email@example.com – 07775 733784
- Wolfords Barbeque and Fete 2015